Follow These Safety Rules In Your Home
Electricity can be dangerous, so don't use it carelessly. Follow these safety rules:
- Never use any electric appliance in the tub or shower. Shocks can be fatal.
- Never insert a metal object into an appliance without disconnecting the appliance first. Metal conducts electricity.
- Never touch an electric cord or appliance while your hands are wet.
- Never overload a circuit with high-wattage appliances. Check wattage on the appliance labels.
- Turn off lights and appliances when you go out. Teach your children this habit by example.
- Know your appliances. Read and follow manufacturers' instructions. Be sure all appliances and power tools carry the label of a national testing laboratory.
- Practice extension cord safety. Cords are for temporary indoor use, away from moisture, heat or metal pipes -- and never under rugs.