number of ways including a special Assembly on Monday, January 30th.
The Catholic School …
• Has at its heart the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ
• Builds an environment of care and concern for others that is rooted in Catholic social teaching
• Creates a safe and happy learning environment where every child is encouraged and enabled to develop to their full and unique potential as human beings, made in the image and likeness of God
• Seeks educational excellence while remaining faithful to their distinctive vision and approach
• Is an inclusive and respectful community, welcoming children of all denominations and of none
• Acknowledges the role of parents as the first teachers in the ways of faith and provides opportunities for their participation in the life of the school
• Works in partnership with parents and the parish community to keep the light of faith burning brightly
• Provides religious education programmes that confirm and deepen the child’s understanding of the Catholic faith so that every child will be as articulate in their faith as in all other areas of the curriculum
• Nurtures the child’s appreciation and understanding of the sacramental life of the Church
• Displays the symbols of our rich Catholic faith tradition
• Spends time as a school community in reflection, prayer and ritual, celebrating the Eucharist and other sacraments to develop the spiritual life of each person in the school community.
Seachtain na Scoileanna Caitliceacha 2012