Pair game – both put cards face down on the table – one child holds up a word to see if the other child knows it. If they do – they leave it face up. If they don’t – they put it face down.
I Spy – I Spy With My Little Eye --- a word that begins with the ___ sound
--- a word that ends with the ___ sound.
--- a word that has ___ letters.
--- a word that rhymes with _____.
Bingo! – 6th class write all our words on their sheet.
- Children pick 4 words
- 6th class children take turns calling out a word.
- If the child has the word they turn it upside down.
- If they don’t have the word they wait.
- The first child to have all their words upside down is the winner – as long as they can read all their words!!!
- 6th class buddies make silly sentences with the words – Junior Infants read the sentences.