Can you think of any rules that you should have in your home to be safer?
Follow These Safety Rules In Your Home
Electricity can be dangerous, so don't use it carelessly. Follow these safety rules:
- Never use any electric appliance in the tub or shower. Shocks can be fatal.
- Never insert a metal object into an appliance without disconnecting the appliance first. Metal conducts electricity.
- Never touch an electric cord or appliance while your hands are wet.
- Never overload a circuit with high-wattage appliances. Check wattage on the appliance labels.
- Turn off lights and appliances when you go out. Teach your children this habit by example.
- Know your appliances. Read and follow manufacturers' instructions. Be sure all appliances and power tools carry the label of a national testing laboratory.
- Practice extension cord safety. Cords are for temporary indoor use, away from moisture, heat or metal pipes -- and never under rugs.
Have a look at the pictures below and answer the survey questions below.